Sign in to follow this  
Erik Hoopes

Airventure 2013

I've been asked recently if the Club was going to be doing anything at Oshkosh this year, and the answer is: not that I know of. However, If you are planning to go to OSH and would like to hookup with other members/owners there this year, post your plans here and some form of contact info.

I've been thinking about flying up there again this year. Last year was a blast except it was too hot for camping and my air mattress was too thin for my bones.

LOL, yes that sounds like it. I always forget how much fun I have till I get there and I start to get so excited as I arrive..

Erik it's a;ready planned for me and and 8 other A/C on floats so C-FOON should go to Oshkosh 2013

:D

Thats fantastic Norman! I really enjoyed visiting the seaplane base with my family, much quieter than the airport and great airplanes to boot! Take pictures like you are so good at Norman..

Judy Haley said she would like to fly up from Texas but I think she was wanting to go with some others. Maybe she will work it out..

12 A/C are confirmed so there will be 2X 175, Beaver,Maule 2X MX7, 3X 172,C-206,C182,Mini explorer (homebuilt) and a North Star ??? so hope to see fews members

I've been thinking I might attend. It will be my first time going. Is it acceptable to camp under a wing?

Lol, yes many would have NO place to camp if not for their wing. Pity the low wing owners haha! Seriously, that is acceptable and most areas of parking have porta johns nearby. It is nice if you can get into vintage as its closer than the north 40. Download a map of the place before you go to familiarize yourself with the airports layout a bit. If you are leaving from Texas you might contact Judy Haley and see what days she was thinking of going if you would like a loose formation trip.

It is helpful to have a co-pilot or at least someone who can read maps and lookout for other aircraft the first time you visit OSH.

Guest Tenezman

Sadly I won't be taking any more trips this year, but maybe in the future. Always wanted to goto OSH...

I will be pulling a pop-up camper with my two sons and a daugthter-in-law. We go every year and will be staying the entire week. My oldest son and I have camped under the wing many times, and, in my opinion, is the best way to observe Oshkosh. But, having the camper is much easier on my old bones.

Dan Miller

n6673e

'59 GO-300

Grain Valley, MO

Guest Benoit

I will be up there with Norman (C-FOON) with C-GARU, C175B w O-470R on floats. Will surely meet some guys up there and feel free to contact me. I will be on the airport with a friend in a camper, way to go for a perfect week!

Benoit Albert

Marina Venise, Laval Qc

C-GARU

Hello Benoit, your airplane is featured in our gallery from Francios Cote' when the conversion to floats was made! Thanks for checking in.

Guest Gary Darnell

Hi Eric and Fellow 175 members. Unfortunately I can't make it to Oshkosh, one day maybe, and its costing to much to restore my 175 purchase, Eric my modified "U" control yoke is finished, DelAir completed it this week and is ready to be sent to Aust with the new instrument panel, I have already purchased all new instruments, just waiting for panel, I want to set up similar to what you did! when it arrives I must send you some photo's.

Take Care everyone, happy flying to Oshkosh.

Gary Darnell

Wonderful! Email me if you are having trouble logging in to the website. And we hope you can make the trip from down under someday to visit Airventure as there is nothing else quite like it on earth.

Guest Judy Haley

Thats fantastic Norman! I really enjoyed visiting the seaplane base with my family, much quieter than the airport and great airplanes to boot! Take pictures like you are so good at Norman..

Judy Haley said she would like to fly up from Texas but I think she was wanting to go with some others. Maybe she will work it out..

Yes, I am still very interested in flying there, and will be looking for a passenger to go along, and would plan on parking in the vintage parking area and camping under the wing.

I bought my tickets for AirVenture today, now I will look for someone to fly with me, and plan to camp under the wing. I just hope the weather will be good.

I will be arriving by truck Sunday afternoon and staying until Friday morning. Look for me behind the Vintage Building sitting under the big shade trees.

Guest Jeff Ziegler N7415M

I be there for a few days, last year I flew up with a friend in his RV and camped behind the wing. Just playing it by ear at this point. Never sure till the week before on Flying or Driving.

Guest Dale Mitchell

Erik,

Dale Mitchell

N6900E

D-175A 1960

4M1 Carroll County, AR

I'm planning on OSH. Will park in Vintage with my Skylark and brother from MKC in his Cherokee while waiting for other brother from R.I in his Lake.

Looking forward to meeting you and any other Skylark pilots.

Dale

How soon would we need to land at OSH to be assured a parking spot in the Vintage area? If I get to go I am thinking about flying on the 27th so I don't end up having to park at another airport if there isn't room.

Guest Guest

I won't be able to go this year due to work conflicts. Enjoy your flights.

Thought I was logged in. Ha. I won't be able to go this year. Have fun. I sure enjoyed it last year. Especially the flights to and from and figuring out the landing procedures.