Erik Hoopes

Oshkosh 2018- 175's 60th Aniversary gathering

I went last year & parked/camped in the north 40.  And we were WAY in the back, 3rd row from the back fence.  The lines for the busses that went back there were so long, we'd often just walk.  And walk and walk and walk.  My vote is Vintage if we can get it. 

As for whether to fly in together, or just park together... I'm neutral.  Flying in as a group sounds fun for sure!  But also sounds like a lot more planning & hassle.  And ties us all down to the exact same schedule for flying in.  But... may make easier to all get to park together?  I'm not sure how they handle it if we want to park together, but get there at different times??  

But if the group wants to fly in together, I'm definitely "in" on that... sounds fun.

Nate, I will include you in all direct communications about OSH plans, but I won't reserve a parking spot for you until you remove the tentative from your reservation. :-)

Please make me a "tentative" also, Erik. I cannot commit yet but really, really would like to do it.

Thanks, Bob Pustell and N9462B, "Betsy"

I'll be there but I doubt I'll fly in, Oshkosh is only a 20 min drive from my house! If anyone needs anything I'd be happy to do what I can to help, receive supplies/gear if you need to ship something out ahead of time. I offer up my T hangar for the show but I think its already spoken for. 

I'm changing my plans up, I plan to drive up and bring the camper. John Fry is most gracious offering to let me fly up with him, but I want to bring my family so we are going to do it this way. I got the contact information for the Parking coordinator for Vintage and I plant to contact him today. @Mayday do you think you might have room at your hanger for a Club meeting? No problem we can meet in the parking rows if needed.

I talked with the VAA parking director last month and he said the new president for the VAA had already given away all of the assigned parking in the Vintage area for the 2018 Airventure. He did say there was a club that was on the fence about going, and might cancel, so I plan to check back with them in February.

I was unable to get my 175 rebuilt in time for Osh this year.  My son and I will be flying in for our fist Osh in our Piper PA28-180, I wish it was in our 175B. I do look forward seeing all the 175s while we are there. As soon as you guys know where you will be parking please let us know.

I've got my hangar rented out for the duration of the show to a transient, so no. If there is a specific day/time for a formal meet up I will be there. I will be there at least once or twice during the week.  

1. Carl Kress will be there for the week - driving in and camping at Camp Sholler.

Im leaving tomorrow night or Monday morning to cross the Gulf from NL. Planning to park S-40 row 125.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.