Sign in to follow this  
Guest Admin

Vacuum Pump System Question

Guest Admin

Vacuum Pump system

« Thread started on: Oct 4th, 2004, 3:32pm »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am looking at a C-175 that does not have a vacuum system. I am getting prices to purchase a new one. Do any of you have a line on a used system?

Or have any of you gone with a total electric panel?

Since I am in the pre-buying stage, I have the option of buying a VFR plane and installing my own preference in avionics. The new Garmin stuff looks really cool, the Combo IFR-GPS w/com etc. Any comments?

Kristopher

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rick Anderson

Re: Vacuum Pump system

« Reply #1 on: Dec 5th, 2004, 9:14pm »

If you you are going to be mainly flying VFR then the venturi system will be fine. I have it in my 58 model and it is a simple and reliable system. I bought a basic equipped airplane so I could equip it how I want it.

If you want to install a vacuum pump and it never had one installed, you will need to verify that there is a pump drive installed in the engine. If you get one with the GO-300 the drive is under the oil cooler on the gear box.

You might want to check the Airwolf website, they make wet vacuum pumps and oil seperators. I would tend to shy away from used (servicability unknown) parts in such a critical system.

Sign in to follow this