Guest Admin

Website Upgrades

Guest Admin

Administrator

Group: Admin

Member No.: 1

Website updates

« Thread started on: Nov 25th, 2004, 11:21am »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sure is Quiet out there? Everyone mute for the holidays?

I have posted several updates to the website, including some material on the engines page. If anyone has any pictures of a Lycoming O-360 or a Continental O-360, I needs some. I also need pics of the Franklin 6A-335, but I only know one person who has that engine.

Best to All and Happy Thanksgiving!

Kris

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RonBell

member is online

Re: Website updates

« Reply #1 on: Nov 28th, 2004, 08:14am »

Kris,,,,,Have visited the chatroom about 5 times to see if there were any vital signs but guess all you Americans are so full of turkey that you can't stay awake.We celebrate Thanksgiving in mid-October so we are ready to go now. Hope to get a report on the prop from your grandad when he gets back from the "lake". Did you get that kindling recipe made. Will try to get some pics of the 335 whenever I next have my cowlings off. Have made a deal on another prop up here with 3 year calendar time left. This does not replace the one in CA.I have to get as many as possible as they are "obsolete". The time on the CA one won't start until it is installed.so that will be my ace in the hole. As far as the McCauley SB137,it is not mandatory as far as I am concerned so will ignore it.As Bruce Chown says .it's just a way for McCauley to cover their ass and sell props.Ron

Kris

Administrator

member is online

Web/ Forum Administrator

« Reply #2 on: Nov 28th, 2004, 1:15pm »

Ya,

I logged on several times but no one around. Hopefully more of the guys will register to chat. I have only seen one other member but I didn't get to talk to him.

I will be looking for the 6A 335 pictures!

KRistopher

Kris

Administrator

member is online

Web/ Forum Administrator

« Reply #3 on: Dec 1st, 2004, 01:08am »

Guys- you need to be sure and hit the refresh button when you are back to the site- many times your computer will show the site is it stored it- but will not show you new changes unless you hit refresh.

KRistopher

Clay

« Reply #4 on: Dec 4th, 2004, 10:41am »

Kristopher,

The upgrades are GREAT!!!!!!

Very user friendly.

Thanks,

Clay Story

Guest Posted: Jan 16 2005, 01:35 AM

Unregistered

Kris

I have a Franklin 6A350-C2 in my 1959 175 and I can provide you with photos and copies of the orginal installation specs both from frakiln in 1969 and Pzl in 1996, that is if you can make out the polish translation back to english. I use to read the instructions out loud to my wife and she would look at me and say "What did you just read?" We would both have to laugh and then try and figure out what they ment to say. I think that they took it from english to polish and back to english.

The orginal engine was installed in 1969 by my father and has a steel oil pan with a longer pick up, as well as the oil cooler is in front of the carb. The kit came with with a 1962 or 63 Cessna 172 cowl top and bottom that stream lines the look, as well as fitting closer around the six cylinder engine. Never have had any heatiing proplems, in fact it runs cold, less than 200 deg in criuse flight. The only problem I have had was at Peblo Co. when the tower thought I was a cessna 172 and did not want me to take off at a 12,500 desity altitude. After the said "cleared to take off at pilots disgression" and I rolled 1/4 way down the runway and rotated climbing at 1000' a minute did they come on the radio and say "88 mike whats in that thing."

Their is a photo of 88Mike on this web site.

Let me know if I can be of any help;

Ron Campbell

N7688M

UPland, CA

Guest Posted: Jan 17 2005, 04:37 AM

Unregistered

Great Ron! I hope you don't mind your pic here. If you will send some pics I'll put them on the gallery. It would be great to have pictures of your franklin and a scanned copy of the installation manual, polish or not! Paul Rhyn has the same conversion but his is the 215HP version.

my email address is mail@cessna175.org

Phone 580-467-0288

cubber Posted: Jan 18 2005, 10:11 PM

Unregistered

My buddy had a franklin conversion in a skylark years ago.I now have a continental in 185 and lycomings in the cubs.I loved the sound of the big franklin.It sounded lots better than the others.Do the gauges still go backwards?. Once i got used to them they were cool.

Sign in to follow this